As our community responds to the spread of COVID-19, the Plano Chamber of Commerce wants businesses to be able to implement strategies to protect their workforce while ensuring continuity of operations.
While many organizations have pandemic procedures already in place, the resources below can help organizational leaders better understand the implications of COVID-19.
DISCLAIMER: Resources are provided as information only and should not be construed as medical or legal advice. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), or are experiencing symptoms of the disease, call your doctor/medical professional. We suggest that you consult an attorney if you have legal questions related to COVID-19, as the links below should be treated as a resource only.
NEW! Vaccine Guidance and Resources from the US Chamber of Commerce
As part of its Reopening Business Digital Resources Center, the U.S. Chamber has added a new component—titled Vaccine Guidance and Resources—to provide you and your members with the latest updates and information regarding COVID-19 vaccine development, prioritization, and distribution.
Please click here to view the new Vaccine Guidance and Resources component, which includes the following items:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Guide and FAQs: A primer on vaccine allocation, prioritization, and timelines from the U.S. Chamber.
- GIPC’s Discover and Deliver Map: An interactive map to see what kind of COVID-19 research is going on in your community.
- Tracker on Phased Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccines from the National Governors Association (NGA): A tracker providing information on state and territorial plans for phased allocation of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Vaccine Finder: An online portal to help get communities get connected to vaccine providers once COVID-19 vaccination is widely available to the public
Click here for additional vaccine guidance and resources.
Collin County Resources
- City of Plano
- Collin County
State of Texas Resources
- Texas Department of Healthcare Services | COVID-19 updates from the Texas Department of Healthcare Services
- University of Texas Health Science Center | Information about COVID-19 from the University of Texas Health Science Center
- Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott
U.S. & World Resources
- Center for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Chamber Foundation
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Resources for Specific Fields and Professionals
- The CARES Act provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers and families, small businesses, and preserves jobs for American industries.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program: An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance: This loan advance will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans: Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief: The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Restaurant Association – Coronavirus Information and Resources
- National Retail Federation – Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
- Talking to Children about Covid-19 resource guide
- US Department of Education Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Resources for Higher Education from the CDC
- Resources for K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs from the CDC
Event and Meeting Planners:
- Coronavirus Resources from Meetings Mean Business
- Resources for Events and Mass Gatherings – COVID 19 from the CDC
For Faith-Based Leaders:
Food Industry Professionals:
Human Resources Professionals:
Small Business Impacted by Exports or Trade Disruptions:
COVID-19 Additional Resources for Businesses/Employers/Employees Planning Tools
- COVID-19: Implications for Business from McKinsey & Company
- Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Handshake-Free Zone Downloadable Sign
- ESI -The Coronavirus Crisis: Tools for Tough Times,by Julie Ferguson – April 20, 2020