Mission and Program
Leadership Plano is dedicated to educating, developing, and empowering current and future leaders for the community and motivating them to serve civic, charitable, and business organizations.
The 37 year-old signature program spans nine months from September through May. Leadership Plano is designed to enhance individual and community leadership skills. The retreat, a two-day orientation weekend in September, focuses on individual leadership styles and strengths. Beginning in October and ending in May, the class spends one day per month examining specific aspects of the community such as: education, area government, local business and economic development, health and human services, the criminal justice system, the arts, and non-profit organizations.
The insight participants gain as they explore the inner workings of the community form the foundation for long-term involvement in Plano in a variety of leadership roles.
We are currently evaluating applications for Class 37. (2019-2020) Thank you to all of the applicants!
- Class 37 Curriculum Calendar
- Leadership Plano Benefits
- Selection & Eligibility Requirements
- Tuition: $1,500 ($1,350 for Plano Chamber of Commerce members) is paid or payment arrangements are made by August 15th. Tuition is nonrefundable after September 1st.
- Candidates for Leadership Plano must have the time and desire to participate in the program. Successful completion of the program includes the following requirements:
- Mandatory attendance at the entire opening retreat, September 14-15, 2019
- Participants must not be absent for more than the equivalent of two full-day class sessions, defined as 19 hours. No exceptions will be considered. Time missed will be recorded in 1-hour increments.
- Attendance at both the New Class Reception (October 2, 2019) and Graduation (May 26, 2020) is essential to the experience of Leadership Plano. Attendance for at least one of these events is required for graduation from the program.
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Visit the Plano Chamber Events Calendar for information and to register for upcoming programs.
Thanks To Our Class Sponsors!