Reports to: President / CEO
The Plano Chamber of Commerce is looking for a dynamic, motivated marketing professional to join the Senior Team as a Marketing & Communications Director. This critical job function manages all aspects of the Plano Chamber’s marketing and communications department. The ideal candidate should be a driven, well-organized individual who can effectively communicate to our internal team, external vendors and corporate members.
The Plano Chamber is recognized as being in the top 1% of all chambers in the United States and serving over 1,000 members such as Boeing, Marriott, Bank of America, Toyota, and JP Morgan Chase.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Communications/ Brand Management: Assist in developing, implementing and managing the Chamber’s overall communications plan, copy editing for external communications, manage internal print and other graphic design needs, ensure style guide is adhered to, manage video productions for events and assist with external PowerPoint presentations.
- Email / e-Newsletters: Create and execute monthly campaigns within email management platform (Constant Contact)
- Social Media / Blog / Website: Manage social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram including but not limited to content creation, post scheduling, engagement across all channels, work with team members and Chamber members to create content for Chamber blog and post on a regular basis, manage content updates on WordPress website and / or work with website vendor to coordinate updates.
- Advertising: Manage advertising requests from Chamber members, including scheduling, design, and submissions.
- Marketing Project Management: Manage marketing projects and schedule of when assets are due.
- Public Relations: Develop or assist in editing press releases throughout the year, which are needed for major events, programs and initiatives, and manage the annual awards submission process.
- Ideal qualities for a strong candidate: Strategic, good eye for creative, deadline-driven, able to manage several priorities
- Strong writing and copy editing, social media management, marketing materials creation, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, WordPress, Canva or similar program, Constant Contact
- Additional skills in Adobe Illustrator are considered a strong asset
- 4-year college degree, 4+ years in marketing and communications, experience with a membership organization.
Some evening and early morning meetings might be required with this position. Office hours are Mon.-Thurs. 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday 7:00am-1:00pm.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage – employer paid
- PTO and paid holidays
- Simple IRA match program
- Office closes at 1:00pm on Fridays!
Please email resume with detailed salary history and requirements to Careers@planochamber.org.
No phone calls accepted. The Plano Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization that works to provide resources to maximize the business performance of our members through advocacy, education, innovation, and collaboration. The Plano Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.