Minority-Owned Small Business Mentorship Program
The Plano United Business (PUB) program is a 2-year mentorship program for minority-owned small businesses located in Collin County. This program will provide the opportunities for growth through membership, education, mentorship, and relationship building by participating in this comprehensive program.
Business owners that are accepted into the program will receive an Excel Membership with the Plano Chamber of Commerce, invitation to various events, enrollment with the Collin County Small Business Development Center and mentorship with local small businesses and Plano Chamber members during the 2-year period.
Interested in sponsoring or mentoring one of the businesses in the program? Please reach out to Veronica Andrulat at email@example.com for more information!
Requirements of Applicant
- Have a registered business in the county and the city in which the business is located
- Own a business that is a minority-owned small business
- Agree to participate in all aspects in the PUB program over the course of the two-year program including specialized programming and mentorship activities
- Share financials, marketing plans and company strategies with mentor
- Fill out an application
- Pay an application fee of $250 (if accepted into the program which will be matched with a $1,500 valued Plano Chamber membership)
Aspects of the Program:
A member of the cohort will receive:
- Membership: receive an Excel Membership for two years with the Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Focus Content: receive newsletter about small business programming such as Success in Business (luncheon), Business After Hours (networking), and Friday Morning at the Chamber (networking).
- Invitation to Events: invitation and free entry to various Plano Chamber events
- Special Programming: 3-4 immersive days to learn more about the Plano Chamber, Collin County area, and small business planning through company visits, specialty speakers, and more!