Minority-Owned Small Business Mentorship Program
The Plano United Business (PUB) program is a 2-year mentorship program for minority-owned small businesses located in Collin County. This program will provide the opportunities for growth through membership, education, mentorship, and relationship building by participating in this comprehensive and custom program.
Business owners that are accepted into the program will receive an Excel Membership with the Plano Chamber of Commerce, invitation to various events, enrollment with the Collin County Small Business Development Center and mentorship with local small businesses during the 2-year period.
The 2022-2024 Cohort is full, applications will re-open for the 2023-2025 Cohort in early 2023. Interested in sponsoring or mentoring one of the businesses in the program? Please reach out to Veronica Andrulat at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Requirements of Applicant
- Have a registered business in the county and the city in which the business is located
- Own a business that is a minority-owned small business
- Agree to participate in all aspects in the PUB program over the course of the two-year program including specialized programming and mentorship activities
- Share financials, marketing plans and company strategies with mentor
- Fill out an application
- Pay an application fee of $250 (if accepted into the program which will be matched with a $1,500 valued Plano Chamber membership)
- 2022-2024 Cohort Program Book
- Program Overview
- Program Expectations
- Plano United Business Application- Applications currently closed, applications will be available for the 2023-2025 Cohort in early 2023!
- Mentor Guidelines
- Sponsorship Information
- Virtual Information Session (Recording)