This community awareness program gives participants, ages 55 and over, a pathway to become informed about the city of Plano, connect and engage with fellow citizens and leverage their potential for service in non-profit and community organizations. Participants will learn about:
- What makes Plano the City of Excellence;
- The inner workings of the city government, the school systems, and public safety (Plano Fire-Rescue, Plano Police, etc.);
- Plano’s wide array of arts, recreation and senior programs and services.
Application deadline November 15, 2017. Notification of selection by December 1, 2017.
This program, limited to a select group of C-Suite executives, introduces executive newcomers to Plano through interactions with the highest level of community leadership. Participants:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the issues and challenges facing Plano;
- Build connections with governmental and community leaders and decision-makers;
- Obtain vital information that helps leverage great success;
- Expand peer to peer networking with other corporate executives.