In order to keep you informed on the evolving impact of COVID-19 on our local community, the Plano Chamber publishes updates as the Business Bulletin. We will share the top news items that you need to read to stay up-to-date on important health, community, and business issues as they develop.
August 10, 2020
- President Donald Trump has signed executive orders to extend economic relief after lawmakers were unable to reach an agreement on a new stimulus package. The orders include extending enhanced unemployment benefits and the federal eviction moratorium, imposing a payroll tax holiday and further suspending federal student loan payments.
- Gov. Greg Abbott has extended his declaration of disaster for all counties in Texas, allowing them to continue to benefit from federal and state relief as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- Texas is showing positive signs of slowing this resurgence of the Coronavirus with hospitalizations dropping to their lowest numbers since early July.
- There is still come confusion over who is in control over the reopening of schools as some local authorities continue to have tension with Governor Abbott’s executive orders.
- Plano ISD announced it will not hold comprehensive exams this year at the end of each semester as the district puts more weight on daily assignments and participation during the pandemic.