Mission and Program
Leadership Plano is dedicated to educating, developing, and empowering current and future leaders for the community and motivating them to serve civic, charitable, and business organizations.
The 35 year-old signature program spans nine months from September through May. Leadership Plano is designed to enhance individual and community leadership skills. The retreat, a two-day orientation weekend in September, focuses on individual leadership styles and strengths. Beginning in October and ending in May, the class spends one day per month examining specific aspects of the community such as: education, area government, local business and economic development, health and human services, the criminal justice system, the arts, and non-profit organizations.
The insight participants gain as they explore the inner workings of the community form the foundation for long-term involvement in Plano in a variety of leadership roles.
Note: The deadline to apply for Class 35 is June 15, 2017.
Class 35 Information (2017-2018)
- Class 35 Curriculum Calendar
- Leadership Plano Application Instructions – 2017
- Leadership Plano Application – 2017
- Leadership Plano Recommendation Form – 2017
- Leadership Plano Alumni
- Leadership Plano Benefits
- Class 34 Curriculum Calendar
- Sponsorship Information Form
- Support Leadership Plano
- Upcoming Events – Visit the Plano Chamber Events Calendar for information and to register for upcoming programs.